A player sports portfolio is important for players who are interested in playing college sports and applying for sports scholarships. It’s never too early or late to create a portfolio. Beginning one as a freshman or sophomore is a good idea, in that a player can show improvement over the years, as well as highlight important plays. Also, it is good to keep in mind that scholarships can be won from small schools as well as large.
Recruiting & Sports Profile Information*
Cost: Free Basic Trail. Then options are free, $19, $39 and $99 monthly. No contract. You can upgrade or down grade whenever you want. No SAT Prep course.
Founded in 2008, CaptainU offers tools, resources & services that provide everything athletes and coaches need during the recruiting process.
CaptainU offers the following:
- High school athletes — Join millions of athletes who use CaptainU to get exposure to thousands of teams, coaches and events and make your sports dreams of playing at the next level happen. Access tools to create awesome highlight videos, expert sports content and get the recognition you deserve with our awards and rankings
- College coaches — Join 5,000 college coaches to manage your contacts and camps, access athlete information, and promote your program
- Event directors — Join 2,000 tournaments and promote your event to 80,000 youth teams and college coaches
- Youth coaches — Join 50,000 coaches to find events, promote your team to college coaches, and help your athletes succeed
Information on CaptainU obtained from http://learn.captainu.com/about/
Cost: Free Registration. Contacted by a representative for an evaluation. Costs vary.
According to the website, “NCSA is the nation’s leading collegiate recruiting source for more than 500,000 student-athletes and 42,000 college coaches. By taking advantage of this extensive network, more than 92 percent of NCSA verified athletes play at the college level.”
- Founded in 2000 to help educate student athletes and their families in navigating the world of college recruiting.
- Utilize cutting edge technology, a network of solid relationships, and a passionate team of experts to help athleaders reach their full potential.
- Helped more than 60,000 student-athletes reach the next level and receive more than $2.4 billion in scholarships, aid, and grants.
- 90 percent of student-athletes have committed to play college athletics in 25 different sports.
Information on NCSA obtained from http://www.ncsasports.org/who-is-ncsa/what-does-ncsa-do
*All information is being provided for player and parent information only. The NVHAA is not a member of or promoting the use of any of the above companies.