- Complete the following forms: Registration, Release of Liability Waiver and Medical Permission, Sports Physical (pages 2-4 only), Amateur Minor Athletic Waiver, Code of Conduct for Players, Code of Conduct for Parents, Apparel Order Form.
- Obtain a Sports Physical: For the athlete’s safety and NVHAA insurance, all player’s must have a valid sports physical by approved medical personnel before they can participate on any sports team. The NVHAA Centurions use the VHSL Physical form (pages 2, 3, & 4 only) for the Sports Physical. PLEASE NOTE: Registration forms CAN BE submitted prior to completion of the sports physical. However, all physicals are due by the first day of camp/season.
- Mail or Email all completed forms, along with player’s registration check to:
- Football: NVHAA Football, 6016 Basingstoke Ct Centreville, VA 20120 or email to email@example.com
- Volleyball: NVHAA Volleyball, 10545 River Run Ct, Manassas, VA 20112 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheerleading: NVHAA Cheerleading, 5331 Austra Place, Woodbridge, VA 22193 or email to email@example.com
- Basketball: NVHAA Basketball, 6071 Greenway Ct, Manassas, VA 20112 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling: NVHAA Wrestling, 10322 Bosna Ct, Manassas, VA 20110 or email email@example.com
- Track: NVHAA Track, 10910 Clara Barton Dr, Bristow, VA 20136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country: Contact Team Manager at email@example.com or bring to first practice
- Registration FEES: In an effort to make all sports affordable for every family, registration fees are intentionally low. NVHAA is willing to work with families on breaking up payments. Please note that all athletes have an annual $50 per player non-refundable NVHAA fee. The fee is based on the calendar year 1 Jan to 31 Dec and is to help cover NVHAA operational and insurance costs.
- NVHAA Annual Player Fee: $50 (pay one time annually) Football: EARLY registration: 2017 Cost $300 NLT 1 July REGULAR registration: 2017 Cost $375 anytime after 1 July Basketball: Registration: Cost $400 Due by 28 Nov. Volleyball: $275 due NLT 1 July Wrestling: Winter 2017: $400 due at practice Track: $200 Due NLT 2 March Cross Country: $125 Due NLT 18 Aug Cheerleading:
- Fall Cheerleading: Registration fee: $175 due NLT 15 July
- Winter Cheerleading: Due by 15 Nov. Fees: Returning cheerleaders: $150, New cheerleaders:$275
- Difference in Fall and Winter Cheer prices: Fall Cheerleading does not have to play for a practice location since they practice at the same time/location as the football team which covers the cost of the facility location. Winter Cheer has to cover the cost of an indoor practice facility.
Please make registration checks payable to: “Northern Virginia Homeschool Athletic Association” and place sport type in memo line.
- NVHAA Fee: The NVHAA is a non-profit, self-funded organization, & all operating costs are covered by each individual sports team, as well as donations and sponsorships. All fees, including a non-refundable annual (1 Jan to 31 Dec) NVHAA fee of $50, help cover the expenses of running a competitive middle school and high school varsity and JV sports program which include, but are not limited to the following costs: insurance, medical supplies, uniforms, equipment, field & facility leasing, lights, game preparation, referees, portable toilets, Awards Ceremony, spring training, team building activities, transportation, and team camps when possible, etc.
Fees also cover Uniform & Equipment as listed below:
- NEW NVHAA Athlete: All new athletes will receive a one-time issue of an NVHAA t-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, sweatpants, and gym bag (respective of sport). These items are for the athletes to keep, the cost of which is covered in the registration fee.
Football: Pads, helmet, and uniforms are provided for the season. Team Preseason Camp is also included in the registration fee. Players will need to supply their own cleats, black socks, and mouthpieces. There is no equipment deposit. However, when equipment is turned in, players will be billed for missing or damaged items. Cheerleading: New Cheerleaders will received a one-time new player issue to keep of team uniform, warm up suit, gym bag, socks, hairbow. Player provides own practice sneakers. Additionally, for safety and uniformity, team will place a bulk order for Asics GEL-Ultralyte Cheer game shoes for approximately $45-55 for each player. Volleyball: Game uniforms will be issued for the season, and turned in at the end of the season. Players will need to supply their own sneakers and knee/elbow pads. Basketball: Uniform will be issued and returned at end of season. Players will need to supply their own sneakers. Wrestling: Wrestlers will receive a pair of fight shorts and compression shirt to keep. Singlets may also be issued, depending upon need. Wrestler will need to supply their own headgear and shoes. Track/Cross Country: Uniform will be issued and returned at end of season. Runners will need to supply their ownprovides own running shoes.
Registration & Payment Deadlines:
- Football: Early: 1 July, Regular: After 1 July, All due by 28 July.
- Fall Cheerleading: 15 July
- Winter Cheerleading: 15 Nov
- Volleyball: 1 July
- Basketball: 28 Nov
- Wrestling: By first practice attended
- Track: 1 March
- Cross Country: 15 August
- Late registrants are welcome and accepted on a case-by-case basis. If it is past the registration deadline when you are registering, please make sure to contact the team coach or manager.