Welcome to the Home Page of the NVHAA Centurions Cheerleading Team!
Thank you for your interest in the NVHAA Centurions Cheer Team! Our season runs from July through November. Our main job is to support the Centurion football team and other sports teams as available and represent the NVHAA. My coaching philosophy is to produce a classy, Godly group of ladies who are outstanding cheerleaders, and to provide support for teams at selected events at NVHAA. Each cheerleader must commit herself to hard work, dedication, and team unity. Cheerleading Coach Welcome Letter
Spring Training 2017 Dates: Contact email@example.com for exact days and times. Cheerleading Team usually trains on the same training days in the Spring as the football team.
2017 Team Cheerleading Camp COST: $135 Date: July 31-2 Aug, 2017 Location: Phoenix Elite, Chantilly, VA Registration & Fee Due: Due NLT 13 May 2017
Fall Cheerleading General Information:
- Practice: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, at the
- Practice Location: Field behind the Rock Building, Manassas Baptist Church, 8730 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20110
- Regular Season: Beginning of Aug to mid Nov
- Attend: NHFA Tournament, Panama City Beach, Florida, 15-19 Nov 2017. Cost TBD.
- REGISTRATION & Cost: FOR 2017 – Costs $175, plus one time annual NVHAA fee $50. Forms and fees due by 15 July.
- Fall Football Game Schedule: Game Schedule
Winter Cheerleading General Information:
- Practice: 3:00-5:00 pm, Tue and Thurs, starting early December
- Practice Location: Gym, The Rock Building, Manassas Baptist Church, 8730 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20111
- Regular Season: Early Dec to mid March 2017 (break during Christmas and New Year’s Holiday)
- Attend East Coast Homeschool Basketball Championships, mid March, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA. Cost TBD
- REGISTRATION & Cost: FOR 2016 -Returning Cheerleader $150, New Cheerleader $375, plus one time annual NVHAA fee $50. Forms and fees due early Nov 2017. Payment schedule can be worked out.
Registration Information and documents can be downloaded and printed at the Registration and Forms page.
For questions or to contact the Head Coach Heather Zerkle: firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAD COACH: Heather Zerkle is a homeschool mother of two and has been married to an amazing husband for 19 years. She is also the Children’s Ministry Director and youth high school girls’ small group leader at Hope Hill Church in Manassas, Virginia, where her whole family is actively involved.
She was born in Kentucky, where they breathe all things basketball and cheerleading. Watching the high school and college girls cheer at the games led her to try out for her school’s cheerleading team. She was a very shy child until she began cheering in the fifth grade. The confidence she gained from cheerleading transferred through all areas of her life and that is one reason she loves the sport so much. She cheered through high school and coached cheer in college. Last year, she was given the opportunity to return to the sport she loves by coaching John Paul High School’s Varsity cheer squad. She loved every minute of it and is thrilled for the chance to coach again and to see what the upcoming season brings.
Heather feels “The purpose of the NVHAA cheer squad is to build and uphold team spirit, to promote physical and spiritual growth, and to develop student athletes who bring glory and honor to God on and off the field.”