Centurions Wrestling Team
If you are a homeschooled young man and want to participate in competitive middle and high school wrestling, then the NVHAA Centurions could be YOUR team!
- Competitive boys High School and Middle school Wrestling Team
- Christ-centered program seeking to glorify God & strengthen participants Christian values in the context of learning and competing in Colossians 3:23
- According to HSPN, one of two homeschool Wrestling teams in the United States
- Member of the VHSAA (Virginia Home School Athletic Association)
- Open to male athletes ages 12-18 who do not have the opportunity to wrestle. No prior experience required! First time participants welcome!
- Non-Profit 501(c)3
- Unparalleled Opportunity for homeschooled young men to learn leadership, physical fitness, discipline, commitment, moral fortitude, sportsmanship
- Qualifies for a homeschool high school PE Credit
- Outstanding Extracurricular Activity for high school resumes & College Applications
General Information for Spring Wrestling Team:
- Introduction to Wrestling Clinic, 10-Noon, Sat, 18 March 2017, This Clinic is a great way to learn about the world’s oldest sport. The free session will cover rules/scoring and include demonstrations of moves. Attendees will participate and experience a typical practice (including live wrestling!). ALL WELCOME even if not registering for Spring Team. First 20 to register for Spring Season receive a FREE devotional book Between the Tackles written by Head Coach Tom Houck. Cost: NO Charge. Spectators welcome!
- Spring Season: Practices, 1-3 p. m., Tue and Fri, Start 28 Mar, End 26 May 2017 (willing to work w/wrestlers who can only come one time a week)
- Clinic & Practice Location: Top of the Podium, 22370 Davis Dr #150, Sterling, VA 20164, topofthepodium.org
- REGISTRATION Forms & Cost: Due 27 Mar 2016 to Coach Tom. $250 Cost covers: USA Wrestling membership, uniform (fight shorts/compression shirt), tournament fees, insurance, facility rental. Forms and information at registration page.
Head Coach Tom Houck wrestled for Penn State University in the early 1980s and was previously a Pennsylvania state qualifier, District Champion, and County Champion in high school. His signature move was the Foot Sweep. He earned a Masters of Theology from Wesley Theological Seminary and Certificate of Theological Studies from John Leland Center for Theological Studies, after he sold a success business. He wrote a devotional book called Between The Tackles as well as the Midweek Message from 2004-2012. Tom is the President and Founder of Top of the Podium wrestling training center, located in Sterling, Va, and has experience as a wrestling instructor and coach, as well as a flag football coach. Currently, he lives in Ashburn, Virginia, with his wife and two sons.
For More Information Contact:Head Coach Tom Houck at firstname.lastname@example.org