Centurions Wrestling Team
If you are a homeschooled young man and want to participate in competitive middle and high school wrestling, then the NVHAA Centurions could be YOUR team!
- Competitive boys High School and Middle school Wrestling Team
- Christ-centered program seeking to glorify God & strengthen participants Christian values in the context of learning and competing in Colossians 3:23
- According to HSPN, one of two homeschool Wrestling teams in the United States
- Member of the VHSAA (Virginia Home School Athletic Association)
- Open to male athletes ages 12-18 who do not have the opportunity to wrestle. No prior experience required! First time participants welcome!
- Non-Profit 501(c)3
- Unparalleled Opportunity for homeschooled young men to learn leadership, physical fitness, discipline, commitment, moral fortitude, sportsmanship
- Qualifies for a homeschool high school PE Credit
- Outstanding Extracurricular Activity for high school resumes & College Applications
General Information for Spring Wrestling Team:
- Introduction to Wrestling Clinic, 1-3, Sat, 30 Sep 2017, This Clinic is a great way to learn about the world’s oldest sport. The free session will cover rules/scoring and include demonstrations of moves. Attendees will participate and experience a typical practice (including live wrestling!). ALL WELCOME even if not registering for Winter Team. First 20 youth receive a FREE devotional book Between the Tackles written by Head Coach Tom Houck. Cost: NO Charge. No registration. Spectators welcome!
- Winter Season: 14 Nov – Mid March, Practices Time TBD -Tue, 1-3 pm Thurs, w/optional evening practice.
- 2016 Spring Season: Practices, 1-3 p. m., Tue and Fri, Start 28 Mar 2017, End 26 May 2017 (willing to work w/wrestlers who can only come one time a week)
- Clinic & Practice Location: Top of the Podium, 22370 Davis Dr #150, Sterling, VA 20164, topofthepodium.org
- REGISTRATION Forms & Cost: Winter: Early Reg and payment $375 Due NLT 15 October 2017, Regular Reg & Payment $400 Due 1 Nov 2017 . Cost covers: USA Wrestling membership, Wrestling insurance, concussion testing, uniform, tournament fees, spirit wear, facility rental, training. Forms and information at registration page.
Head Coach Tom Houck wrestled for Penn State University in the early 1980s and was previously a Pennsylvania state qualifier, District Champion, and County Champion in high school. His signature move was the Foot Sweep. He earned a Masters of Theology from Wesley Theological Seminary and Certificate of Theological Studies from John Leland Center for Theological Studies, after he sold a success business. He wrote a devotional book called Between The Tackles as well as the Midweek Message from 2004-2012. Tom is the President and Founder of Top of the Podium wrestling training center, located in Sterling, Va, and has experience as a wrestling instructor and coach, as well as a flag football coach. Currently, he lives in Ashburn, Virginia, with his wife and two sons.
For More Information Contact:Head Coach Tom Houck at firstname.lastname@example.org